Monday, August 19, 2013

Email 08/19/13

Large letter!! 
Wow this past week has been rough. I feel like I am in Europe! We had a total of (Im not even going to tell you the amount because its so sad) lessons. Like really. In my last sector we would have like 21 lessons a week. Here I am in the city and I say Hola to pretty much everything that moves and on the occasion I get a Hola and maybe if its sunny outside a little half smile. Hahaha oh the life of a missionary. Okay it wasnt that bad..but kinda really yeah. My sector is huge, it would probably take us two hours to walk it ( might be a little less but probably not) We live in an apartment where the doorman is a little creepy haha he like (he is very old) he grabs your hand and lays his head on your should ...yeah...he loves us, he has pictures with all the missionaries that have ever lived in the building..etc. A guy above us sings and plays the guitar loudly..we call him our amigo. Sometimes he even sings in English..what? Tuesday: We did more walking, tracting , knocking on doors. No one wants anything from us. This one guy yelled at us, ¨why do you like to bug people¨etc. yeah. BECAUSE WE HAVE YOUR SALVATION THATS WHY! ....No I didnt say that...but I thought it hahaha. Had a lesson with a Less Active, she was really great. Wednesda:Police Officers ride dirt bikes here(Wyatt you should look into that) . Had almuerzo with an investigator and she is really great. She is a university professor and teaching nutrition....her food was oh so yummy. Healthy. She has a dog named cookie. Yes cookie. Oh this one time we were at Lider and this guy had this huge poncho on and I though oh what a weirdy I´ll say Hola...I did and what did he do, His eyes got all big and he gave me a look like I was the weirdy!! Yo! Visited Fm Mateus , they are from Columbia, they are so great! Thursday: District Class, I can do the chilean game better then my companion...I always knew I was latina. We hand out things like crazy. I had it out like its going out of style. What what. My companion literally thinks I am crazy. I tried to blame it on the mission but she doesnt buy it. Um she started to sing a song in English and I was like ahhh no dont sing that hahaha. Friday: Had lunch with a less active and her non member granddaughter. Oh my heavens today was the day for Hilda. Okay Hilda is a member who is very old. She lives by herself and we go do service for her. We go to her house and she comes out the door in this robe type thing ( oh before Hna Chavez says its not my fault if you find any surprises in her house..) We say Hola and she does the whispering sign. Apparently she thinks her neighbors are trying to rob her house. Later we said Hermana we are going to call you so you have our number. We call she gets up to go get the phone and we are like Hermana Hermana (she is a little heard of hearing too) she answers it and says ¨Hola HOLA..(hangs up and walks back to us) Oh it was my daughter.¨ We were dying. We sang a song, I prayed and said amen...she is still in praying position and Hna Chavez yells Amen about three times and then she said oh amen. Oh we really love Hilda. We were walking around once again and somehow we ended up talking like Italianos in espanol for about forever. We are crazy. More contacting.More walking. Saturday: Almuerzo with another family. Um contacted this old lady who had a mustache going on and long nose hairs...mmmm chileans. and everything was fine and dandy and then I start to lose what she is saying and then I begin to pick out words that sound like words in english...not very good words...and my companion face drops and she is all serious and I am over here like umm yeah huh sure right. just trying to understand. The words I was picking out ..you wouldnt even use in the law of chastity lesson!!!! I was like um ..yup okay lady chao ..Anywho, contacts, we would have references and they would end up in other people sectors , people would drop us. Handed out books of mormon.Went with a member to a lesson we had and the investigator wasnt home. Domingo: Meeting with Bishop. Talked in church, then said the closing prayer. Almuerzo con the ward mission leader. Oh my heavens.. this dayk we had a miracle! we had a lesson with Pamela, she was amazing. She was so so so so excited about our message and wants us to come back every night at 8:30....EVERY NIGHT! Her family was there and they were all excited...oh the blessings of the Lord. Anywho...things here in Ñuñoa 1 are alright...its really hard. I try not to get discouraged but saying Hi to people can be a drag when they just give you zombie looks haha. Love you guys a ton!! 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment