Saturday, August 31, 2013

Email from 08/26

Just a little ol Chilean in Chile.

Welp here it goes...Im sorry I just seem to share funny things with you guys, it just that the funny things are abnormal now while the spiritual experiances are normal..entonces for that I send funny things, and hey who said missionary work couldnt be funny! Anywho after I got off the internet last Monday we went and got Churrascos and ya know what I learned....A churrasco isnt a delicious churrasco if its not made by a sketchy hair greasy fat guy in some back alley store...I miss Sotero Del Rio and its ghettoness. Oh yeah after shopping for comida we said Hola to this random lady and she walked by but then said Im confused...I do I know you..and I just always want to say pre-existence my hermano pre-existence.We went to see Neille who is a less active who we walked in her room because she was ill in bed and her wall where plastered with catholic virgens and the pope and what not and I was like what!? Anyway we sang a song and shared some spiritualness because we are missionaries and thats what we do. Her son Gino is 50 something and is sckitzofrenic? Yeah i cant spell english worth nada. Martes: District Class. After we were waiting for our mail bag to recieve our mail and the Elders were bored so what do they do, oh they start to play airbender with the sawdust out front...yup we are mature. Oh Elderes. We had another lesson with Hilda ..my favorite! I showed her my photo album with my family and friends and she loved it. She did find one of my friends very attractive and everytime she saw his picture she was blow a kiss....I wont mention who but I about died of laughter each time. Okay then we went to see Fresia , this old lady who was like oh I am lonely all the time I would love it if you two would come back and visit and talk to me about Jesus etc, we went to visit her and she didnt even remember who we were. She was like what do you want, why are you here etc..um alztimers? I hope? We went by this corner store thats by our house so we always walk by and the owner who is usually quite nice to us was soooo mean to me. Miercoles: This day we were walking and we passed this guy and I though I should give him a pamphlet and then it was to late but then we saw him again and I turned to Hna Chavez and said we need to give him a pamphlet so we began to chase after him but he was so fast! I think he saw us coming after him and walked faster..I dont blame him, two ladies chasing after you with a pamphlet in the air and that crazy look in their eyes like they want to baptize you or something is pretty scary. We walked by this catholic school and this guy stopped us and started to talk to me in English, and I was like whaaaaat doo I doo! What is going on!?  I couldnt even talk back to him in English. He wanted a pamphlet and so I gave him a book of mormon as well. He said you need to come back and talk to me in English so I dont forget how . We left and when we walked back on the other side of the street he yelled Lady! Dont forget to come back! Had an awkward lesson with Melina. Her mom was there watching TV some crazy latino soap opera(with the very attractive latino from Dancing with the Stars, Remember him mom) anyway there was that and then her little four year old was going crazy and her new baby and I was like I cant hear you well enough to understand what you are saying sooo I just played with the four year old... anyway went to other lessons and as always they fell through .Thursday: For lunch we had hot dogs and then we had an once(like little super but its super for chileans) we had hot dogs..I about died. Saw the English Catholic guy today, he was really nice..I see him in white, in water. Walked some more. Viernes: Woke up at six instead of the usual seven thirty because we had interviews with the mission president all the way at the mission home. President and Hna Wright are so great , I love them! They just make you feel awesome! Had lunch with the cutest family ever! They have this little boy named mateo age two and he was crying and came over to me to comfort him haha I was like aww I miss my nephews!  We had a lesson with a less active named Alberto. He is so funny. His wife isnt a miembro but she will be. A helicopter flew by and he stopped talking and began to make shooting sounds with his fingers as a gun then the bomb falling with a bomb at the end and then he laughed....Oh my heavens old people hahaha. We then met a really cute downsyndrom lady who was selling some type of cake thing. Hna Chavez says I need my own TV show ...because apparently I am funny, I think she means crazy. Saturday: Had an appointment with Lilianna at then in the morning, walked all the way to her house and she wasnt there, we called her and said she couldnt do it but she would go to church on sunday. Had lunch with this member who she is trying to find a guy so she likes to talk about all the attractive men on the dating websites from United States and we need to help her with the church dating website because she doesnt know how it works, entonces I have a plan if English Catholic guy isnt married they can be together! Pamela cancelled on us. . again. Went to see the people the obispo wanted us to see, and nada. Domingo:Pamela and Liliana said they were coimng to church but didnt.We had appointments with Melina and Pamela neither of them were home. At lunch I started to laugh and a piece of rice flew out of my mouth...yeah, the mission makes you so awkward. At church a member asked how I was and I started to say good-bien! First time I answered back in English in a while...I blame the English Catholic. And we had the worst datas of my life this week. This week was horrible...entonces it can only get better right? Right! That is all ! I hope you get some joy out of my letter! Love you guys mucho! Love-Hermana Adams



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment